What is H5P?
H5P (HTML 5 Package) is a collection of tools, which can be used individually or in combination to facilitate the creation of rich online content and improve online learning experiences. H5P elements can be embedded directly into [email protected] and allows for varying ways to present content to your students.
There are currently over forty tools available in the suite, all you need to start creating is a web browser and an objective you need your students to achieve. Some tools of note include:
- Accordion Content
- Interactive Video
- Drag and drop text/image matching
- ‘Fill in the blanks’ style quizzing
- and 360 Virtual Tours
What are some examples of practice?
There are hundreds of uses for H5P thanks to the component design and simple deployment. There are examples of each of the components in the H5P.org website. The H5P Getting Started module includes interactive components you can try and also reuse.
Why is H5P Important?
You don’t need to be a web developer to use H5P meaning that everyone really can create, share and re-use interactive components with H5P. The step by step form-based process guides you thought the creation of building block elements. Just follow the steps and once ready you can deploy your resources for students to use.
What VLE tools can H5P integrate with?
H5P isn’t a platform, but it can be used inside other tools within the VLE. Currently you can deploy H5P elements by:
How do I get started?
There is a rich global community using and supporting H5P and it is growing all the time. To get started with H5P why not try some of the following ideas:
- H5P Documentation for Authors
- Create an account on h5p.org and play with some H5P components
- Learning Futures regularly runs workshops on VLE tools. Further information is available on the Learning Futures Events Calendar.
- ExLnT allows you to search Learning and Teaching practices, technologies and strategies.
- Getting Started Modules on the VLE